Monday, June 1, 2009

Rock Creek

Today was sooo much fun! We, the 8th grade, went to Night at The Museum and then went to Rock Creek Park. Night at the Museum was hilarious and I would totally recommend it to anyone. After we got done with the movie we drove to Rock Creek for the rest of the school day. Megan and I went and found a nice tree to put our stuff. When we first got there we ate our lunch which consisted of a turkey sandwich, chips, carrots and cookies. They honestly were boring. I wanted to go down the slide and so I went and went down the slide a few times. It was a pretty boring afternoon and so we sat down again and ate some Funyons. We ate almost the whole bag throughout the day, they were so good. We then got bored so we dropped a leaf from the bridge and followed it downstream until we lost it or it went to far. We did that a few times then we decided to go and watch the volleyball game. The game wasn't all that interesting so we split and went for a walk down the path. We were at about the half-mile mark it started to rain--hard. My hair was straightened so of course, it got all curly and frizzy. I wanted to go back but Meg wouldn't let me go back, so we kept walking. It just kept getting harder and when we almost got to the end of the path Mrs. Archer came and told us that they were going back up to where the buses were picking us up. We were the last ones on the trail and so when we got back to our stuff our bags were all wet. Everything was wet except my towel so I put it on my head so my hair wouldn't get any wetter. The buses weren't there yet so when we got to the top we had to wait forever for our bus to get there. We got back to the school and there were still 20 minutes left so instead of going to my SSC class I went to Meg's class. The school day ended and here I am writing about my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment